MBRS-RISE Research Program
The MBRS-RISE (Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement) program is funded by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health, and is designed to provide opportunities for groups traditionally underrepresented in science who desire to pursue a career in biomedical research.
Our RISE program has three components: The Research Development Program (Academic Year), Summer Research Development Program, and Summer Research Training Program.
Students choose to come to Spelman College because they want to change the world. Spelman-RISE is designed to immerse students in an interdisciplinary research community that will make them more competitive for admission into the top Ph.D. programs.
As women of African descent they can bring unique perspectives to the treatment, prevention, and eradication of disease, — when they complete our RISE program, they will be well equipped to change the world.
- Paid part-time research position during the academic year
- Paid full-time summer research at approved institutions
- Travel to conferences related to biomedical research
- Graduate school application assistance
- Seminars and Open Forums with research scientist