Spelman College Parents Association
Greetings Spelman College Parents:
This is your call to action. As a part of the Every Parent…Every Year! campaign to increase parent participation, the Spelman College Parents Association and the Officeof Annual Giving is focusing on connecting with parents who have not made a gift tothe College during this Fiscal Year (between July 1, 2011 and Present).
We are challenging all parents (grouped by Region) to make a gift to the College by June 30, 2012. The region with the highest parent participation will receive a special celebration and recognition at Homecoming 2012. Here’s your chance to make an impact and win bragging rights for your region.
Announcing the Spelman College Parents Association Regional Challenge 2012!
We cordially invite you to participate in the regional giving challenge 2012. Make an impact for your region. Which region best represents the spirit and loyalty of Spelman parents? Will it be the Great Lakes? or the Farwest?
To enter the competition, simply: 1. Identify your region 2. Support your region and make a gift today to the Parent Campaign. 3. Rally your region. We encourage you to help inspire other parents through phone calls, Twitter and Facebook posts, letters, or by any means necessary.
SCPA Regional Structure
- Northeast – Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,
Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C., and West Virginia
- South Central– Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas
- Southeast– Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
- Great Lakes– Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri,Ohio and Wisconsin
- Plains/Rocky Mountain– Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska,New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming
- Far West– Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington
Which region will take the coveted title? Be a parent of impact. Make a gift. If you have any questions regarding the challenge or to make a gift over the phone, please call1-866-512-1690.
Thank you Spelman parents for rising to the occasion.
In the Spirit of Spelman,
Director of Annual Giving & SCAP liaison
P.S. In the coming weeks, our regional co-coordinators will be contacting you to ask for your support of the Parent Campaign, and will provide you with regional updates.