If you are interested in serving as a SpelAgent for your class or
assisting with the Reunion 2012 efforts, please contact us at
404.270.6410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$631,862 and 100% alumnae participation
Information about Giving to Spelman
Financial contributions from alumnae are critical to the College. They provide scholarships for deserving students, support our academic programs and allow the College to continue fulfilling our mission of educating women who change the world.
We encourage you to celebrate Reunion by making a gift to the College. No matter the size of the gift, it's impact is immeasurable. As part of the Every Woman...Every Year! campaign, it is our goal to reach 100% participation and we cannot do it without your support.
Ways to Give
- EFT/RCC: Donors can make monthly gifts to Spelman through our Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Recurring Credit Card (RCC) options. Monthly deductions can be withdrawn from an active checking, savings, debit or credit card account. The minimum amount is $10 per month. Download and fax or mail the completed form to our office.
- Mail: Spelman College, Office of Annual Giving, 350 Spelman Lane, SW, Box 1303, Atlanta, GA 30314-4399
- Online: Make your gift now
- Phone: 1-866-512-1690 (During normal business hours)
- Planned Gifts: A planned gift is a wonderful way to support the College. To receive information about how to include Spelman in your will, to make a gift of insurance, to make a gift from a retirement plan or to complete a gift annuity which provides life income, contact Faye Anisworth (404) 270-5059 or email@example.com or Michelle Harris (404)270-5037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reunion Philanthropy Awards
5. Most Significant Class Pledge (NEW):
The Reunion Philanthropy Awards will include the following:
1. Highest Class Donor Participation:
This award will be given to the top three classes with the highest percentage of alumnae who make outright gifts to Spelman College from the beginning of Fiscal Year 2011 (July 1, 2010) to the Reunion Giving Deadline (May 13, 2011 at 2:00 pm EST).
In order to count for class participation, the gift must be an outright gift from the reunioning alumna.
2. Most Significant Class Gift:
This award will be given to the class with the largest total amount raised from the beginning of Fiscal Year 2012 to the Reunion Giving Deadline (May 18, 2012 at 2:00 pm EST).
This amount will include all cash, check, credit card, EFT/RCC, payroll, online gifts, soft credit and gifts in honor or in memory of a reunioning alumna.
3. Outstanding Cumulative Class Gift:
This award will be given to the class with the largest total amount raised since your last reunion (July 1, 2007 - June 30, 2011).
This amount will include any outright gifts given during that time period and any documented current pledges of $10,000 or more made since your last reunion.
NOTE: The pledges of $10,000 or more made since your last reunion that will be included have a set payment schedule and donors are fulfilling their installment obligations.
Therefore, only the pledge balance will be used and counted toward this category to prevent any double counting. We are including these pledge balances as not to discourage those reunioning alumnae that made commitments to the College outside of the current reunion year.
4. Most Consistent Donor
This award is given to the reunioning alumna who has the most consistent giving within her class to the College. This award represents her commitment to the Every Woman... Every Year campaign.
In an effort to promote and encourage multi-year giving and to allow alumnae to make significant contributions to Spelman, we have added this category to recognize the class that receives the most pledges documented with the College, where the payments will be paid within the next five years and will conclude before the next reunion cycle - Reunion 2016.